Amanda-Users

Re: SUMMARY: Problem with chg-zd-mtx with EZ17 stacker

2002-12-20 11:38:57
Subject: Re: SUMMARY: Problem with chg-zd-mtx with EZ17 stacker
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Peter Stokes" <peter AT ashlyn.co DOT uk>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:59:53 -0500
On Friday 20 December 2002 06:54, Peter Stokes wrote:
>Hi Gene
>
>In this script there is no wait timer, just a repeated look at the
> tape status, which is better.
>
>The resolution after a few hours trial and error was to add
> 'sleep' commands between the tape movement and/or echo commands
> in the chg-zd-mtx script. It looks like the next command is
> issued too quickly and it screws the script and returns a failed
> status to amtape. If anyone wants a copy of the amended script,
> please email me.
>
>Peter

Better yet Peter, look up the current maintainer of that script, and
send it directly to him.  He may well include your fixes in the
next release, which if you're getting your sources from the
umontreal site, could be anytime.  There was a fresh tarball dated
20021219 there yesterday which I built and ran last night.  No
errors that I'm aware of.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M