Amanda-Users

cant switch to incremental dump

2002-12-20 10:12:30
Subject: cant switch to incremental dump
From: <ahall AT secureworks DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:16:54 -0500 (EST)
Greetings,

(I sent a mail about this a few days ago, so if I am duplicating info
please forgive)

I still cannot get one of my disks to dump correctly.  It is reporting the
error "can't switch to incremental dump".  I have unforced the dump w/
amadmin just in case.  I have a tape with more then enough space to
archive this data.  I have plenty of space in my holding disk.  I just
cannnot figure out why this dump is trying to do an incremental dump and
why it cannot.  If I use amadmin and force a level 0, shouldn't amanda
only run a level 0?  The logs in /tmp/amanda dont point me to the solution
either.

I am really confused here and any help would be appreicated.

Thank You.

Andrew