Amanda-Users

Re: Help with AMRESTORE

2002-12-20 13:12:43
Subject: Re: Help with AMRESTORE
From: Matt Hyclak <mrh AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: wab <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:29:33 -0500
On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 11:26:07AM -0500, wab enlightened us:
> Greetings. I'm attempting to recover a filesystem which is about 15-18
> gigs in size. Amanda is using Tar to compress its archives... I tried to
> restore the "image" to a filesystem large enough to handle the data,
> before moving back to the original location; but I got a "File size
> limit exceeded". (It reached about 2.5 gigs in size).
>
> I understand it's possible to Pipe the restore through TAR to
> de-compress it back to regular files; but I can't figure out the syntax
> exactly; has anybody ever done this? I think that's what I must do,
> either that or find a filesystem/operating system that can handle giant
> huge files.

I generally use reiserfs for my holding disk for just that reason. It
doesn't have the 2GB limit. I'm not sure what the pipe command would be, as
it's been about six months since I've used amanda. Hopefully that won't be
the case for long, though. :-)

Matt

--
Of course I don't look busy, I did it right the first time.