Amanda-Users

Re: Permissions with Amanda-client

2002-12-20 11:12:45
Subject: Re: Permissions with Amanda-client
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: o.darchuk AT wucb.lviv DOT net, Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:24:27 -0500
On Friday 20 December 2002 02:24, Oleksandr Darchuk wrote:
>Fixed.
>There was a problem with group=<amanda group> and groups=yes in my
> amanda files for xinetd. (thanx to Gene Heskett ;-)) As I
> understand now --  "group" parameter is necessary because of root
> is owner of runtar and group have r-x on it.
>Now all of previous errors are fixed.
>BTW. Thanx for all advises -- it was a grait surprise for me that
> so much people ready to help newbies. I like amanda more and more
> ;-)

Thanks for the flowers.  We like amanda too.  And she tends to
create 'gregariousness' among her users.   So stick around this
list, and maybe someday you can return the favor to some other new
bee. Or maybe someone else will point out an even more elegant
solution to something you've been wishing amanda could do. :)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M