Amanda-Users

SUMMARY: Problem with chg-zd-mtx with EZ17 stacker

2002-12-20 07:57:15
Subject: SUMMARY: Problem with chg-zd-mtx with EZ17 stacker
From: "Peter Stokes" <peter AT ashlyn.co DOT uk>
To: <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:54:47 -0000
Hi Gene

In this script there is no wait timer, just a repeated look at the tape
status, which is better.

The resolution after a few hours trial and error was to add 'sleep' commands
between the tape movement and/or echo commands in the chg-zd-mtx script. It
looks like the next command is issued too quickly and it screws the script
and returns a failed status to amtape. If anyone wants a copy of the amended
script, please email me.

Peter