Amanda-Users

Re: Permissions with Amanda-client

2002-12-19 13:24:34
Subject: Re: Permissions with Amanda-client
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: o.darchuk AT wucb.lviv DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:31:34 -0600
--On Thursday, December 19, 2002 18:21:35 +0200 Oleksandr Darchuk <o.darchuk AT
wucb.lviv DOT net> wrote:

Oleksandr Darchuk wrote:
> On Thursday 19 December 2002 17:13, you wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> what's the permissions for /usr/local/libexec/runtar on the client?
>> usually this is setuid root.
>
> This is from my client:
> -rwsr-x---    1 root     archiver   114708 Dec 13 16:15 runtar
> You are right about setuid, but as I understand, group archiver can
> execute this file. What probles?

hmm ok looks good, and the amanda user is group archiver I presume..
Yes. I have builded amanda with option --with-user archiver -with-group
archiver

What do the debug files in /tmp/amanda on the client say?
ERROR [can not execute /usr/local/libexec/runtar: Permission denied]

Is /usr/local NFS-mounted?  If so, check your mount options to see if
you are mounting it nosuid.  Also make sure your archiver user has
execute permissions on each of the parent directories (and if on
Solaris, the underlying mount point as well).  Can you su to archiver
and run runtar on the command line (you should just get a usage message).

OK /bin/gtar executable
ERROR [can not read/write /etc/amandates: Permission denied]

touch /etc/amandates
chown archiver:archiver /etc/amandates

ERROR [can not read/write /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/.: No such file
or directory]

mkdir /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists
chown archiver:archiver /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists

OK /bin/gzip executable
OK /dev/null read/writable

Nothing new as I see :( May be I've done something wrong, but what?

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com