Amanda-Users

Re: HP Surestore 2/20 Tape Library and amanda

2002-12-06 11:12:31
Subject: Re: HP Surestore 2/20 Tape Library and amanda
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:32:51 -0500
On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:19:45AM +0100, Marco Schierloh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> planning for a new backup-strategy I am investigating the possibility to use
> amanda with a HP Surestore 2/20 Tape Library with one ultrium drive. Does
> anyone have experience with this setup or does amanda not support this
> hardware?

There have been lots of HP's, SureStore's, and Ultrium's.
Don't recall this particular model.

OTOH, what was the last tape changer amanda did not work with?

Notice the distinction in wording Marco, amanda doesn't support specific
things, but she works with software already there to do backups.

If you can manipulate your library and can send dumps or other data to
your tape drive, it is likely amanda can work with it.  Amanda just
calls other programs to do the actual backups.  Amanda manages backups,
it is not backup software nor library manipulation software.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)