Amanda-Users

Re: amdump fails- no estimate

2002-12-02 17:02:41
Subject: Re: amdump fails- no estimate
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 02 Dec 2002 15:24:34 -0600
On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 13:53, Matthew Boeckman wrote:

> Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

> >>can't find any amdump log file!
> >

> > amdump.{n} on the server.
> >

> *embarassed cough* I knew that! amdump reports:
> taper: wrote label `DailySet102' date `20021202'
> got result for host ultra disk /webhome/bkup1: 2 -> 12408030K, -1 ->
> -1K, -1 ->
> -1K
> getting estimates took 386.667 secs
> FAILED QUEUE: empty
> DONE QUEUE:
>    0: ultra      /webhome/bkup1
>
> I seem to recall something about sizes of -1 and what that is indicative
> of... but the FAQ is still down. Anyone? Anyone?

It seems like I started getting -1 when I had a disklist entry that was
to large to ever do a level 0.  Eventually it started doing the -1
thing.  I worked around by asking amanda to never do a full. I
eventually re-designed the file system so it would always fit on my
tapes.

Probably off-base here but, maybe it is the problem.

Hope this helps,
Jim