Amanda-Users

Re: Changer suddenly not working.

2002-12-02 17:02:43
Subject: Re: Changer suddenly not working.
From: Chris Johnson <chris AT sebis DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>, amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:18:24 -0600
thanks for you quick reply Jean-Louis,
I've looked at the debug file. It seems to be giving me an error about a unary operator expected. I was getting this same error when I had a bad CHANGER.conf file. I have pasted both the errors and the CHANGER.conf file bellow.

this is the last amtape.debug file

amtape: debug 1 pid 31538 ruid 33 euid 33 start time Mon Dec  2 13:07:33 2002
changer: got exit: 0 str: 2 7 1
changer: got exit: 0 str: 2 /dev/nst0
changer: got exit: 0 str: /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: 3: unary operator
expected
changer: got exit: 0 str: /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: 4: unary operator
expected
changer: got exit: 0 str: /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: 5: unary operator
expected
changer: got exit: 0 str: /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: 6: unary operator
expected
changer: got exit: 0 str: /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: 7: unary operator
expected
changer: got exit: 0 str: /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: 1: unary operator
expected
amtape: pid 31538 finish time Mon Dec  2 13:17:00 2002

this is the CHANGER.conf file

firstslot=1
lastslot=7
offlinestatus=1
havereader=0
autocleancount=50
AUTOCLEAN=0
OFFLINE_BEFORE_UNLOAD=1
cleanslot=0

is there anything else. do these files look ok??
thanks again chrisj