ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 Administration Center

2012-03-14 09:38:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 Administration Center
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT DA.KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:28:52 +0000
I didn't have any issues with the 6.3 install path; I used
D:\TSMImages\AdminCenter\install.exe and installed to D:\IBM\Tivoli.

This was on Windows 2008 R2.

Only install problem was the itmuser DB2 Credential test failed.  Ended up
putting that account name in the local Administrators Group; then install ran
just fine.

What are the extraneous services?

I've not had any problems with Firefox 3.6.24; not allowed to use IE 8 or IE 9.
 Not sure about Chrome; haven't tried to install it.

My major problem in Admin Center 6.x is the loss of all the scripted email
reports from the 5.x Operations system.  Creating those in BIRT was a disaster;
trying to do anything in BIRT was a disaster.

I'm trying to wrap my hands around the 6.3 Cognos reporting tool; but can't get
it to send a scheduled email report.  Have a PMR open on that, with the
guidance being a tech note that I already knew about.

Also found that 6.3 Monitoring cannot collect data from TSM 5.5.2 Servers.  I
thought 5.5.x was on the compatibility list, but that PMR resulted in a 'there
are differences' response and 6.3 isn't compatible.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Department of Administration - Office of Information
Technology Services
Harold.Vandeventer AT da.ks DOT gov
(785) 296-0631