ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Preferred TSM Platform

2009-02-25 09:42:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Preferred TSM Platform
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:10:40 -0600
I would stick with AIX as the #1 Choice just because the combo of
hardware and OS are unbeatable for this kind of thing.  I've seen
Windows Servers Choke on half the amounts of data I move every day, and
I have yet to even use more than 1% of my proc, or use the swap space on
my AIX box.
Second from that would be Linux (because I don't know Solaris).

I would avoid Windows.

See Ya'
Howard