ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple Schedules (OracleDB Backup) <Virus checked>

2008-02-22 05:16:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple Schedules (OracleDB Backup) <Virus checked>
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:15:56 +0100
Hi,

thats the way we go (with db2):

define a second stanza in dsm.opt (.sys on ux), for filesystem ba you may
use the <nodename> and for api <nodename_db2>. Why?:
The last one needs its own mc as well, for keeping 1 version only and all
other parameters 0.  The ba node will use something like 5 versions, and
several days for lastversionexist etc - thats different to what the db
needs: The db is taking care about versions to keep, not tsm.
Now you can start every DB with its own dsm.opt (ux), that means to use a
special stanza with every single db. So you can seperate everything
anytime.

regards,
Dierk

goc <gooooc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
22.02.2008 00:13
Bitte antworten an

An
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple Schedules (OracleDB Backup) <Virus checked>

hi,
you can use different nodes, one for full backup and another just for
archivelogs
or simply accept that during full db backup there is no archlogs backup
when appropriate it will continue normal "operations"

//

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:17 PM,  <egonle AT netscape DOT net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  for our DB Backup we have defined two (command) schedules.
>  => (A) One backup schedule runs once a day for backup of whole DB
>  (online rman) and filesystem
>  => (B) One backup schedule runs hourly just for archive log backup
>
>  When schedule (A) is running it's not possible to run (B). How do
>  people backup their Oracle DBs + archive logs? Are there any decent
>  ways to use TSM scheduler for both (given that the script takes care of
>  not running two backups on the same DB at once)?
>

>  Thanks&Regards,
>
>  Egonle
>  More new features than ever.  Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! -
>  http://webmail.aim.com

Bürgel Wirtschaftsinformationen GmbH & Co. KG
Gasstraße 18
22761 Hamburg

Geschäftsführer: Rolf Pries, Hans-Werner Scherer, Dr. Norbert Sellin
Registergericht: Hamburg HRA 85212, USt-IdNr. DE 117 981 371, Steuer-Nr.
27/541/00020, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführende Gesellschafterin: Bürgel Wirtschaftsinformationen
Verwaltungs-GmbH, Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 45 704