ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM/DR Query

2008-02-22 06:24:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM/DR Query
From: Adrian Compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:23:25 +0200
Hi all

We are running AIX on P570 to EMC SAN via fibre, and TS3310 Library with
3xLTO3 Drives with 80 slots.....

TSM version 5.3.5.2., AIX 5.3.2

Our ERP system runs on BAAN with an INFORMIX database.

We use TDP to backup INFORMIX via onbar, and logical logs are backed up
too as and when they get full. This can be every 15 minutes on a busy
day, but have enough logs to last about 2 days without backing them up.

I would like some ideas on how to:

1.      Recover TSM in a DR situation to be able to restore INFORMIX and
the last logical log. In other words, have a TSM DBB backup after each
INFORMIX log backup.

We do use Incr TSM Dbb backups, but can only use the limitation of 32
between FULL Backups

We have a DR plan in place, and it is tested bi-annually per site. We
have 2 sites approx 1200km apart link via 512kbs Diginet line

We can recover Informix to a point in time, but the business requirement
is now to be able to recover to the last logical log i.e. 15 minutes
prior.

2.      I have thought of having a STG on the remote TSM Server for the
logical logs, and export the node data each time a logical log gets
backed up (approx 5mb per log)

If anyone has any ideas on this, I would be most grateful.

Regards

Adrian Compton

Group IBM Tivoli Admin

Pharmacare Limited trading as Aspen Pharmacare

P O Box 4002

Korsten

Port Elizabeth

6014

Switchboard Tel No: +27 (0) 41 407 2111

Tel No: +27 (0) 41 407 2855

Fax: +27 (0) 41 453 7452

Cell: +27 (0) 82 320 4495

Email : acompton AT aspenpharma DOT com   This email is solely for the named
addressee.   Any unauthorised use or interception of this email, or the
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon the contents of this email, by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are
not the named addressee please notify us immediately by way of a reply
e-mail, and also delete this email and any attached files.

Disclaimer:  You must scan this email and any attached files for viruses
and/or any other defects.  Pharmacare Limited accepts no liability for
any loss, damages or consequence, whether direct, indirect,
consequential or economic, however caused, and whether by negligence or
otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from this
communication or of any attached files.