ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Multiple Schedules (OracleDB Backup)

2008-02-21 17:31:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] Multiple Schedules (OracleDB Backup)
From: egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:17:57 -0500
Hi,

for our DB Backup we have defined two (command) schedules.
=> (A) One backup schedule runs once a day for backup of whole DB
(online rman) and filesystem
=> (B) One backup schedule runs hourly just for archive log backup

When schedule (A) is running it's not possible to run (B). How do
people backup their Oracle DBs + archive logs? Are there any decent
ways to use TSM scheduler for both (given that the script takes care of
not running two backups on the same DB at once)?

Thanks&Regards,

Egonle
More new features than ever.  Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! -
http://webmail.aim.com