ADSM-L

Re: How to copypool large number of tapes

2005-09-23 09:10:17
Subject: Re: How to copypool large number of tapes
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:09:45 -0400
Richard Sims posted a way to determine which tapes still have data on them that
need copied. Unfortunately I can't really use your
solution. The tape library is in an unattended data center. I run TSM from a
remote location and don't have access to the data
center anyway. The computer operator(s) are not going to be driving 10-miles
down the road every time I need a tape mounted.

I'm just going to put a few in the library at a time and look for the ANR2411E
messages when a tape is needed because a file spans
tape volumes. Then verify with the Q CONTENT COPIED=NO.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??