ADSM-L

Re: How to copypool large number of tapes

2005-09-23 08:37:18
Subject: Re: How to copypool large number of tapes
From: RAMNAWAZ NAVEEN <NAVEEN.NR AT SBM.INTNET DOT MU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:38:35 +0400
In fact I used to end up with the same problem. However the work-around I use
is to set ACCESS for all the tapes in the primary pool to read-only mode and
run the backup stgpool command. Then I do a q req to find out which tape is
requested by the TSM server in teh library and checkin the corresponding tape
accordingly.

Well, I know I have to repeat the process times and again ,for me it worked
that way, but the end result was there ...

Anyway if someone can post some other solutions it woudl help me too.

Regards