ADSM-L

Re: How to copypool large number of tapes

2005-09-23 12:39:07
Subject: Re: How to copypool large number of tapes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:38:52 -0400
Bill - Query CONtent is a database lookup operation.

    Richard Sims

On Sep 23, 2005, at 9:09 AM, William Boyer wrote:

Richard Sims posted a way to determine which tapes still have data on
them that need copied. Unfortunately I can't really use your
solution. The tape library is in an unattended data center. I run TSM
from a remote location and don't have access to the data
center anyway. The computer operator(s) are not going to be driving
10-miles down the road every time I need a tape mounted.

I'm just going to put a few in the library at a time and look for the
ANR2411E messages when a tape is needed because a file spans
tape volumes. Then verify with the Q CONTENT COPIED=NO.