ADSM-L

Re: Move data for offsite volume

2005-09-21 15:39:03
Subject: Re: Move data for offsite volume
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:38:12 -0400
Bill,

Did you ever get this resoved?  I'm guessing that the tape you're trying to do
move data on has a file split across tapes and you don't have one of those
tapes onsite.  So it goes to the primary pool instead to find the data.

David Ehresman

>>> bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET 09/16/05 9:26 PM >>>
TSM server 5.2.4.4 on AIX 5.2

Due to a capacity "issue" with my libraries, some of my onsite primary pool
tapes are not resident in my library. So to reclaim my
offsite tapes, I've been checking in tapes that have 90% reclamable space and
doing a move data on them. I've noticed a couple times
where the tape is in the library, ACC=READO, but when I issue the MOVE DATA
command against the tape, the tape is never mounted and
the primary pool tapes (that are in the library) are used instead.

The tapes were originally moved offsite with the MOVE DRMEDIA command. I
brought them back, checked them into the library made them
ACC=READO. I don't understand why TSM isn't doing a tape-to-tape copy??

Bill Boyer
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" - ??