ADSM-L

Re: 8-character file name/index limitation on Domino TDP client

2005-09-21 15:36:40
Subject: Re: 8-character file name/index limitation on Domino TDP client
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:36:14 -0400
Thanks for the feedback.

I checked out the entry you pointed to. While the symptom is the same, it
don't think it is my problem.

Why would changing the name from "dsmschedw.log" to "dsmschex.log" work if
it has to do with permissions. In both cases, the file did not exist and
should have been created on the first run. The directory it is writing
these logs to is:  /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram12.

I am sudo as root and running the command:

su - vram12 -c "domdsmc_vram12 selective \"*\"
/ADSMOPTF=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram12/dsmweekly.opt"

If the ERRORLOGNAME points to:

/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram12/dsmerrow.log

or

/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram12/dsmerror.log

or any combination of 8-or less characters before the ".opt",  it works.
But pointing to:

/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram12/dsmerrorw.log

fails every time.

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
09/20/2005 04:46 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] 8-character file name/index limitation on Domino TDP client

Zoltan, a check on the IBM web site for ANS1192E and/or RC959 might yield
some insight.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-09-20
13:38:39:

> I know this sounds bizarre, but I can reproduce this every time.
>
> In my DSM.SYS file, when I code the following:
>
>    SCHEDLOGNAME
> /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram2/dsmschedw.log
>    ERRORLOGNAME
> /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram2/dsmerrorw.log
>
> the backup session fails with:
>
> IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:
> Data Protection for Lotus Domino
> Version 5, Release 3, Level 0.0
> (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999, 2004. All rights reserved.
>
> ANS1192E (RC959)  Specifying the error log '*' as a symbolic link is not
> allowed.
>  ACD5412W An error was encountered with Tivoli Storage Manager API
> initialization, rc = 959.
> Examine the dsierror.log for more information or determine if the TSM
API