ADSM-L

Re: Mac tiger 5.3 client date?

2005-09-20 09:47:12
Subject: Re: Mac tiger 5.3 client date?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:46:58 -0500
V5.2.4 for Mac was invisible because there are two different locations
for this kind of thing, and IBM has failed to match up all the symlinks
correctly.

I had been looking at
/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/client/v5r2/Mac
which only contains up to v523.

However, v524 is located at
/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v5r2/Mac

The difference is that "patches" has become "maintenance". Gretchen: I
bet the reason you are having different results with different browsers
is that you have bookmarked one or the other of these two different URLs
in your different browsers. I was able to find Mac 5.2.4 just fine with
IE. And, Gretchen, thanks for tipping me off to the fact that it
existed, because then I was able to torture the search feature until it
confessed. Our Mac tiger folks will be trying 5.2.4 out today.

Take note of this April Fools Day prank of hiding 5.2.4 and bookmark
this new URL! (But you should probably keep your bookmarks for the old
location, too, in case they change their mind back.)

<RANT> (One reason I consistently rate the tivoli section of the ibm.com
web site poorly: You can't ever bookmark anything. They're always
rearranging things, and making it very difficult to locate anything
unless you're clairvoyant enough to know what to type into a search
screen. For instance, you've got to know to search on both "Mac" and
"Macintosh" because using only one or the other gives you incomplete
results. When you do find useful information, you can never count on
finding it again. IBM is not alone in this criticism - the City of
Chicago's web site, for instance, is just as bad.) </RANT>

============"Let the exclence of your wrok be yuor portest."============