ADSM-L

Re: Different Management Policy (Completed!)

2005-09-20 09:45:04
Subject: Re: Different Management Policy (Completed!)
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:45:07 -0600
Some thoughts:

(a) How do you know the files are being backed up to the wrong management
class?

(b) Keep in mind that *directories* are bound to the management class that
has the highest RETONLY setting. In the case of two or management classes
having the highest RETONLY setting, the management class whose name is
highest in ASCII sorting order will be used for directories (unless
overridden with the DIRMC option). Is it possible you are seeing directory
entries bound to the "wrong" management class?

(c) Make sure that when you do the backup, you are using the correct
dsm.sys stanza that contains the desired INCLUDE statement.

(d) You've got some other EXCLUDES in there that take precedent over the
desired INCLUDE. Is it possible that you have files matching anything in
the EXCLUDE patterms, e.g., /BACKUP/outgoing/oradata/somefile ?

(e) Do a sample backup of files in the /BACKUP/outgoing directory... for
example, do a SELECTIVE backup of one of these files, then do a QUERY
BACKUP for the file so we can see the management class.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-09-20
02:08:23: