ADSM-L

Re: Mac tiger 5.3 client date?

2005-09-19 13:17:17
Subject: Re: Mac tiger 5.3 client date?
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <gretchen AT PRINCETON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:16:47 -0400
Roger,

There is a v5.2.4.0 client available (as of April 1st). It isn't
visible via IE or Safari (haven't checked since the Safari software
update), but you can 'see' it if you use command line ftp or Netscape.

Our Mac Tiger people have been running this fairly successfully for
a while. It would be nice to see the Mac version catch up to the rest
of the clients. Be aware that changing the memory efficient backup in
the GUI Preferences doesn't update the underlying Preference file...

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University

Roger Deschner wrote:

We've got a growing number of people running Mac OS X 10.4 ("tiger") who
are having problems with the ISTM Mac Client 5.2.3. There was discussion
a while back of 5.3 coming out on September 30. Is that still likely?