ADSM-L

RES: Slow backups after TSM Server upgrade

2005-09-14 07:48:23
Subject: RES: Slow backups after TSM Server upgrade
From: Paul van Dongen <Paul AT VANGUARD-IT.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:48:21 -0300
Hi,

   I got something like this some time ago. When I installed 5.2 (don't
remember the exact level) 64bit on a 64bit AIX 5.1 kernel, things were going
slow and CPU use was very high. Just for curiosity I uninstalled the server and
installed the 32bit version, without changing anything on the OS. To my
surprise, CPU util dropped sharply and everything (backups, expiration) ran
much faster.
   This particular server is still runnning the 32bit code today.

Paul Gondim van Dongen
MCSE
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
       Tivoli Storage Manager 5.2
       Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.2
VANguard - Value Added Network guardians
http://www.vanguard-it.com.br
+55 81 3419-8094