ADSM-L

Help! Restore DB necessary

2005-09-13 17:27:16
Subject: Help! Restore DB necessary
From: "Jones, Kelli" <JonesK AT CHESTERFIELD DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:12:02 -0400
AIX 5.2
TSM 5.1.8.0

Database crashed - Recovery log maxed out and full (over 12 MB - can't
extend).  While working with support, attempted to create a second log
and now get:

ANR0259E-unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume

I have about 500 pages of instructions from support for both correcting
the ANR0259E error and THEN, restoring the database.  I need someone to
help me sort through this and simplify because frankly, I am very
nervous about proceeding.

Our log was in rollforward mode and we are mirroring our database.
Among my questions: Do I use dsmfmt, dsmserv format or dsmserv
loadformat to reformat these volumes to address the ANR0259E issue?
Also, when I do reformat, do I include the mirrored database volume and
while were on the subject, does the mirrored db volume do me any good as
far as providing a restore opportunity?

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Please let me know if I need to
provide more info.

Thanks,
Kelli Jones
Chesterfield County, VA