ADSM-L

Re: generate full backup using backupsets

2005-09-14 07:13:52
Subject: Re: generate full backup using backupsets
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:13:23 -0400
If you want to maintain all the schedules that go with the correct node with
the correct drive letters for his 75 nodes.... And when
an admin adds a drive to a node without letting you know? Or removes one and
now your schedules fail because D:\*.* doesn't exist?
Whose fault does that end up being when they can't restore the data you said
you were archiving for them?

And if your requirements are that you be able to BMR a box to a monthly state,
archive is out of the question.

I would sooner use archive, don't get me wrong, but there's just not a DOMAIN
that you can specify to archive and have it pick up
everything in that DOMAIN. Like backup. With changes when those pesky admins
change things and don't communicate it back to you.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??