ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.

2005-03-20 14:28:15
Subject: Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:27:56 -0800
Yes it still works that way when you don't specify a DIRMC.

Kyle

fred johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU> wrote:
Does anyone know if TSM still puts directories in the mgmtc with the
longest retention period? On one of my machines, that belongs to a special
group of machines with all sorts of special handling. I've used DIRMC to
ensure the directory of some desktop doesn't get treated in the same way.

wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>
>I took a look through the Quickfacts (something I should have done long
>ago). It does indeed suggest that surrogate directories are created and the
>real directories are restored as they are hit.
>
>Has anyone really observed this to be genuinely true? I have in the past
>observed the double-tape-mount theory, and though I understand it is
>supposedly fixed, I haven't heard anyone say "I have seen it, I know it
>works, you no longer need to keep a dirmc diskpool".
>
>Of course, if it is indeed working as designed now, it doesn't resolve the
>other dirmc issues currently being discussed in this thread.
>
>Is there anyone on the list who has in recent history decided to ditch using
>a dirmc diskpool altogether and done so with success on the restore side?
>
>regards,
>
>Paul

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator