ADSM-L

Re: select question: Finding files bound to an archive management class per node ?

2005-03-21 05:53:43
Subject: Re: select question: Finding files bound to an archive management class per node ?
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT KIZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:46:28 +0100
Hi Andrew,
thanks a lot - all of your examples helps a lot !

What I am really trying to find out is the time/date when I can delete
some obsolete archive-copygroups like
            Policy Domain Name: U12345
               Policy Set Name: STANDARD
               Mgmt Class Name: ARCHIVE_10Y
               Copy Group Name: STANDARD
               Copy Group Type: Archive
                Retain Version: 3,653
          Retention Initiation: Creation
           Retain Minimum Days:
            Copy Serialization: Static
                Copy Frequency: CMD
                     Copy Mode: Absolute
              Copy Destination: NONE
Last Update by (administrator): MANAG_W
         Last Update Date/Time: 03/16/05   12:49:15
              Managing profile:

It is just for 'cleanup' - not now but someday.
At the same time some other archive classes are still used to archive data
and therefore must stay untouched.
( Unfortunately those obsolete archive-classes have the data inside
one tape storagepool mixed with still usable ones - so I can not determine
those obsolete archive-class just by the occupancy... )

Maybe it will take some years when files that are bound to those 'old' classes
will
leave through the expiration-process.
My solution is to simply check from time to time if there ar still files bound
to a specific (obsolete) archive-class - and if no files are bound ( by any
node in that domain) then I can delete it.

Really great would be the following:
Is it possible to get the date/time when the 'last'
file will expire in a given (archive)class-name and a given
domain-name/or-nodename  ?

Greetings
Rainer