ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.

2005-03-17 11:19:21
Subject: Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:18:37 -0500
Tim/Steve

Thanks - got it!

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Rushforth, Tim
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:17 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues
resolved or not.

1. You can predefine or use scratch.
(Below 5.3 if you are using scratch you are limited to one file system)
We have multiple 1 TB file systems on 5.2.2.4 so we've predefined all of
our volumes (via define volume).

Have you seen the Disk only Backups presentation?
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21193983&aid=1

2. Reclaims are exactly the same as Tape reclaims - set your reclamation
threshold and reclamation will be done for volumes that meet the
criteria.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg