ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.

2005-03-19 16:07:33
Subject: Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.
From: Paul Fielding <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:06:27 -0700
Hi Richard,

I took a look through the Quickfacts (something I should have done long
ago).  It does indeed suggest that surrogate directories are created and the
real directories are restored as they are hit.

Has anyone really observed this to be genuinely true?  I have in the past
observed the double-tape-mount theory, and though I understand it is
supposedly fixed, I haven't heard anyone say "I have seen it, I know it
works, you no longer need to keep a dirmc diskpool".

Of course, if it is indeed working as designed now, it doesn't resolve the
other dirmc issues currently being discussed in this thread.

Is there anyone on the list who has in recent history decided to ditch using
a dirmc diskpool altogether and done so with success on the restore side?

regards,

Paul