ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.

2005-03-17 11:48:45
Subject: Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:48:24 -0900
Storage pools consist of one or more volumes, generally disk or tape.
The storage pool gets its volumes via the device class which has a
maxscr setting to limit the volume count and max capacity to estimate or
assign the max size of the volume. The device class also points to a
directory which in the case of windows is drive:\path. Within that path
TSM will create volumes used by the storage pool up to the count and
size limits or you can predefine the volumes to the storage pool using
the TSM DEF VOL command.

Don't know too much about AIX and TSM.