ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2.x/AIX 5.1 upgrade issue/question

2003-12-12 10:38:32
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2.x/AIX 5.1 upgrade issue/question
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:38:07 -0700
        Hmm, I can't say we've seen that issue yet.

        We are upgrading our TSM servers to AIX5.2/TSM5.2.1.3 and
upgrade the Atape (8.3.6.0) and atldd (5.4.8.0) drivers along the way
before we ever try to start up the TSM server. We have completed 2 of
the 8 servers so far.

        Have you tried deleting the drives and paths from the TSM server
and then re-defining them? That sometimes is the silver bullet. If that
fails, you could always try to rip out the Atape drivers and reinstall
them. Here is a snippet from our procedure.

***********************************
 Update ATLDD drivers:
uninstall atldd drivers.
# lsdev -Cc tape
# rmdev -dl lmcp0
# /usr/lpp/atldd/deinstl/lpp.deinstal

install atldd drivers
# cd /mnt/atldd.5480
# installp -acqd atldd.5.4.8.0.bin all

check to see if new version is committed
# lslpp -l atldd.driver

redefine lmcp
# smitty tape... add.. choose atl.. F4 at library name ...enter

check to see if configuration is still OK.
# smitty tape -> change.. -> make sure library is still there.

Update ATAPE drivers:
uninstall Atape drivers
# rmdev -dl rmt0 -> all drives
# /usr/lpp/Atape/deinstl/lpp.deinstal

install Atape drivers
# cd /mnt/Atape.8360
# installp -acqd Atape.8.3.6.0.bin all

check to see its new version is committed
# lslpp -l Atape.driver

*reconfigure the drives and daemons*
# cfgmgr -S
# lsdev -Cctape -> make sure all drives & daemons are available with the
right SCSI IDs.

        What about the TSM device drivers? Are you at
tivoli.tsm.devices.aix5.rte 5.2.1.0 ?

Ben