ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2.x/AIX 5.1 upgrade issue/question

2003-12-12 12:17:30
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2.x/AIX 5.1 upgrade issue/question
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:17:19 -0500
Yes we did. Rebooted numerous times. AIX says the drive is configured and
available.

David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
12/12/2003 11:02 AM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

You did reboot and reconfigure the drives to AIX, right?

>>> zforray AT VCU DOT EDU 12/12/2003 9:17:18 AM >>>
This seems to be a hot topic, so let me add another log to the fire.

We recently upgraded our test TSM AIX server to AIX 5.1.  Then we
upgraded
the TSM server to 5.2.0.0.

Unfortunately, I missed the part about having to upgrade ATAPE to
8.2.x
(it was still at 7) *BEFORE* upgrading TSM.

Therefore, the 3590 drive isn't being recognized by TSM (AIX says it
is
peach-keen).

Upgraded ATAPE to 8.3.x, but still no joy in Mudville !!!  Even tried
removing and reinstalling the ADSM/TSM drivers.

How do you resolve this ?

Will upgrading TSM to 5.2.1.3 (yes, we discovered you must upgrade to
5.2.1.x before you can install 5.2.1.3 !!) correct this oversight ?