ADSM-L

AW: Navision

2003-12-12 10:44:18
Subject: AW: Navision
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:47:33 +0100
Hi,

While Navision native database has performance limitations starting at
30-100 concurrent users,
it is an administrators dream.

If you cannot afford service stop / backup / service start,
go ahead with hotcopy.exe (this is a navision tool).
This will perform a hot fullbackup to a file.
Because navision databases tend to be very, very small, the extra disk space
should not be an issue.

Speaking about tsm, start hotcopy using "preschedcmd" in your .opt file.

regards
juraj Salak