ADSM-L

Re: Cleaning Machine for 3590 cartridges

2003-10-24 10:29:04
Subject: Re: Cleaning Machine for 3590 cartridges
From: "Pearson, Dave" <DCPearson AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:27:01 -0700
Hi Zlatko,

Thanks for replying...

The problems we are having is we been getting a lots of read/write error on our
3590 J tapes.  We have about 1300 tapes in our 3494library and in just the last
2 months, we have gotten 13 read/write errors on our tapes. Before the upgrade
we very rarely see a bad tape and now we see too many.

Last summer, we did expand our 3494library adding two frame and another
assessor to the library.  We also upgraded our 3590 tape drive from B1A to H1A.
We are on the latest ATAPE driver too.

David C. Pearson
IS Production Support Analyst
System & Network Service