ADSM-L

Re: Cleaning Machine for 3590 cartridges

2003-10-23 10:23:58
Subject: Re: Cleaning Machine for 3590 cartridges
From: Tom Kauffman <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:21:36 -0500
I can't talk to 3590 -- but I've been running 360 LTO cartridges through 10
drives for two years now, averaging about 300 GB per tape and over 1.6 TB
per day -- and the DRIVES haven't needed cleaning yet. At this point, anyone
trying to sell me a tape cleaning machine will get escorted to the door and
instructed to not come back.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc