ADSM-L

Re: LTO Tape Drives

2003-08-01 14:08:56
Subject: Re: LTO Tape Drives
From: Tom Kauffman <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:08:37 -0500
I would check to see if putting the label on the plastic tape box would
satisfy the company legal requirement. If this won't work, I'd advise the
legal department (or whomever came up with the requirement) that current
technology doesn't make allowances for the additional label and if still
mandated, you need their cost center to charge repairs to. AFAIK, only 8mm
and 4mm tapes have room for a second label on them, and there's no room for
true legal boiler plate on either.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc