ADSM-L

Re: LTO Tape Drives

2003-08-01 14:07:32
Subject: Re: LTO Tape Drives
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:06:56 -0400
I've asked that before also, if anybody had any good way to mark something like
company name etc on them.  It seems that there isn't.

Main thing you can do if need to have different categories of tapes is when you
order tapes, order them with specific labels from IBM.

EX.   MR0000 - MR1000   (for Marketing)
        EN0000 - EN1000    (For Engineering)

Just a couple of examples, you have 6 chars/digits to play with.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> kathie.foresti AT LMCO DOT COM 08/01/03 01:51PM >>>
IBM recommends that we don't put any sort of labels on our LTO tapes because it
would rub off and cause problems with the tape drives.  What do other people do
if you need some sort of proprietary label on them, per a company requirement?
This may not be the right forum to ask this question, but I thought I would
start here and find out what others are doing.

> Kathie
> Kathie Foresti
> Lockheed Martin Corporation
> Enterprise Information Systems
> Phone (315)456-1941     or     8*256-1941
> E-mail:  Kathie.Foresti AT lmco DOT com

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.