ADSM-L

Re: LTO Tape Drives

2003-08-01 13:55:23
Subject: Re: LTO Tape Drives
From: "Reiss David IT751 (ext-CDI)" <david.reiss AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:54:36 -0400
What do you mean?  We have barcode labels on all our tapes... and using IBM
LTO1 & 2 drives.

Do you mean putting labels elsewhere on the tape?   I doubt that would be a
good idea... but the tapes are designed to have barcode labels on them.  And
IBM librarys have barcode readers for that very reaosn.

David N. Reiss
TSM Support Engineer
david.reiss AT siemens DOT com
407-736-3912
When then going gets weird, the weird turn pro.   - Hunter S. Thompson