ADSM-L

High CPU

2003-08-01 15:20:48
Subject: High CPU
From: William Sherrill <billsh AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:20:10 -0400
Hello,

     I have started having high cpu on an aix, tsm server recently.  I had
upgraded the tsm server code 2 weeks ago after aix was upgraded to AIX 5.1,
64 bit.  I currently run tivoli.tsm.server.aix5.rte64, 5.1.6.2.  I started
having server crashes and support pointed to the Atape driver needing to be
upgraded.  Atape was upgraded from 8.1.2.0 to  8.2.5.0, and the server has
not crashed anymore.  Actually it did not crash until we ran the lbtest
command to determine the element numbers of 2 new lto tape drives.  Has any
one seen this problem with this server level?

Thanks,
Bill Sherrill