ADSM-L

Re: Benefits of moving to platform other than OS/390

2002-03-21 03:45:40
Subject: Re: Benefits of moving to platform other than OS/390
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,GL-IS/CIS" <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:43:06 +0100
Hi,

we now have much better performance for everything (expirations,
reclamations, migrations...) and also for backups (more LAN adapters).

Before, OS 390 2.4, 120 mips, 2 processors, 1 x CIP card (max 1 x 3 MB/s)

after: pseries 6M1 with 4 GB memory and 4 processors, 4 X 100mbs adapters
(max 4 x 100 mbs).

Regards,

                René LAMBELET
                NESTEC  SA
                GLOBE - Global Business Excellence
                Central Support Center
                Av. Nestlé 55  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
                tél +41 (0)21 924 35 43   fax +41 (0)21 924 12 69   room
K4-108
                mailto:rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com

                This message is intended only for the use of the addressee
        and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.