ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.1 IMAGE client

2001-11-30 08:55:35
Subject: Re: 4.2.1 IMAGE client
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:54:47 +0200
This is not new at all. At least I have it in v4.1 and it is quoted in the
redbooks for v3.7 clients.
$ lslpp -L tivoli.tsm\*
tivoli.tsm.client.image.aix43.32bit
                           4.1.3.0    C    TSM Client - IMAGE Backup Client

The main goal of this is to backup raw (disk) devices. And raw devices can
mean many things - RDBMS tablespaces/dbspaces/transaction logs, device of a
filesystem with bunch of small files (if unmount-backup-mount would be
better than tar/zip on similar size filesystem) or even disk with very
strange/rare/unknown application data format.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US> on 29.11.2001 16:15:07