ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.1 IMAGE client

2001-11-29 12:13:48
Subject: Re: 4.2.1 IMAGE client
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:26:02 -0500
Can this be used imaging in junction with backup sets?

I have a few web servers with well over 500,000 small files. During a
recovery test it took many hours to restore this volume. I am testing
out the use of backup sets for recovery purposes (so I don't need to
build the TSM server first - there are a few servers I could start to
restore using backup sets while I restore the TSM server)

The other option was to add more drives to these servers, and execute a
command to compress all the little files into 1 for backup/restore,
which would increase these times 100X

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited