ADSM-L

Re: schedule_name field in the summary table

2001-11-30 08:55:21
Subject: Re: schedule_name field in the summary table
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:54:31 +0200
Lurking through my SUMMARY table using "select
activity,schedule_name,count(*) from summary group by
activity,schedule_name" and subsequent selects  revealed some facts as
follows:
server events/housekeeping which cannot be scheduled do not have
SCHEDULE_NAME filled - migration, reclamation, tape mounts, etc.
manually invoked activities do not fill SCHEDULE_NAME - expiration,
full/incr DB backups, etc. Administrative schedules leave trail in SUMMARY.
manual backups/archives invoked by the client do not fill SCHEDULE_NAME
(it would be surprising if the did :-)
*prompted* client schedules write their name using one of the sessions
(if you are interrested which one you can dig further). Other sessions
again leave SCHEDULE_NAME blank.
schedules for *polling* clients I think work like the client grabs the
schedule time and on that time runs "manual". And they did not fill
SCHEDULE_NAME.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Baines, Paul" <Paul.Baines AT PARTNER.COMMERZBANK DOT COM> on 22.11.2001
17:47:13