ADSM-L

Re: TSM.PWD

2001-10-23 08:00:23
Subject: Re: TSM.PWD
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 07:56:40 -0400
> How is a TSM.PWD file created? I am (trying) to run
> TDP for Domino on a partitioned Notes server. When I
> log in as notes1 and run, for example, domdsmc sel
> events4.nsf - no problem. When I'm logged in a Notes2
> on the other partition I get a message saying thgat
> the password file is unavailable. Password=generate is
> specified for both servers but only one has the
> TSM.PWD file. Any ideas? THank you.

Douglas,

If you plan to run TDP for Lotus Domino with a generated password,
you must specify the following options in the stanza in the
dsm.sys file for TDP for Lotus Domino:

   passwordaccess generate
   passworddir <directory_name>

The value of <directory_name> must be a directory where the
user that will execute the domdsmc command has write authority.
If the passworddir option is not specified, then the
password file may not be stored properly due to
insufficient permissions.

Set the initial TDP for Lotus Domino password with the
/adsmpwd= option. Do not set the initial password for
TDP for Lotus Domino while logged on to the backup-archive
client as root user. This results in a password file that
can only be accessed by the backup-archive client.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono