ADSM-L

include a mounted file system

2001-10-23 08:09:17
Subject: include a mounted file system
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT LVR DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:04:36 +0100
Hi all,

TSM-Server 4.1.4.0 on OS390
AIX-Client 4.2.0.0

I have a little problem with an include statement for an file system.
I want to do incremental backups of this system. To do this with a spezial
managementclass, I do the following include statements at my dsm.sys file:

include /usr/sap/P02/trans/* D30
include /etc/* 7tage
include /var/spool/cron/crontabs/* 7tage
include /home/lvrtrans/* D30
include /home/lvrsend/* D30
include /home/lvrpool/sapp02.hr* 6JAHRE
include /home/lvrpool/hr_out* 6JAHRE
include /home/lvrtrans/mvs.hr04 6JAHRE

The mounted file system is the /usr/sap/P02/trans.
There are no exclude statements in the dsm.sys file.

Every time I do the incremental backup of this directory all files are backed
up. Thats not what incremental is made for.
I looked at the backed up files with q backup and saw, that the
defaultmanagementclass was taken instead of the class I had said in the dsm.sys
file.

I test a littlebit and found, that when I set the whole path to a file and
backed up the file the correct managementclass was taken.

For example, if I set the include statement

include /usr/sap/P02/trans/upgrade/T02/46C/umodstat.dat D30

and then do dsmc -inc /usr/sap/P02/trans/upgrade/T02/46C/umodstat.dat

all runs correct.

It also runs correct if I set the include statement to
 include /usr/sap/P02/trans/upgrade/T02/46C/* D30

But when I tried
include /usr/sap/P02/trans/upgrade/T02/*

the default managementclass was taken.

The other include statements work.
I tried different positions of the include statement but it doesn't help.

Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

THX, Wolfgang