ADSM-L

Re: reclaim spoy stgpool volumes

2001-05-10 15:28:21
Subject: Re: reclaim spoy stgpool volumes
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 15:28:45 -0400
Right.... sorry, I should have qualified that comment to refer to "onsite"
tapes.  For a primary pool, it is always true.  For a copy pool, it is true
if the tape has not yet been sent offsite.

Robin

                    Jon Milliren
                    <jon.milliren@IA
                    .PITT.EDU>       To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                     cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    05/10/01 09:37   Subject:
                    AM                      Re: reclaim spoy stgpool volumes
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Robin Sharpe wrote:

> Not necessarily...  if there are FILLING tapes in the pool being
reclaimed,
> they will be used before calling for a scratch.

        If the tapes are access=offsite and are reclaimed, how can they be
used
until they come back onsite and have their access mode updated?