ADSM-L

Re: SQL restore error

2015-10-04 17:30:27
Subject: Re: SQL restore error
From: Robert King [mailto:bobking AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Jim, please look at the TSM server's activity log and the dsierror log for
the TDP SQL client. There may be an I/O error when TSM is reading the
restore file or something like that. How much data is transferred before
the error occurs?

Bob King    IBM Global Services
bobking AT us.ibm DOT com

> I am trying to restore a 5GB SQL7.0 db and am getting the following
error:

> From TSM:
> ANS1017E (RC-50) Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure DB-LIB
> messages: Read on 'TDPSQL-sqlasms-2000095018-730' failed,
> status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.
>
> From SQL Server Log:
> BackupMedium::ReportIoError: read failure on backup device
> 'TDPSQL-sqladsm-2000095018-730'. Operating system error 995(The I/O
> operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit  or an
> application request.).
>
> I reinstalled SQL server to the box first so the master does not know of
the
> original db.  I tried both just restoring (which worked with smaller
db's)
> and creating the shell then restoring.  Interesting note, if I create the
> shell first after the error the shell no longer exsists.  Any ideas??
thanks