ADSM-L

Re: Incremental Forever

2000-05-01 17:15:48
Subject: Re: Incremental Forever
From: MIKE HANLEY <mhanley AT NHBB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 17:15:48 -0400
We do something similar with our servers.  We do an "Absolute" incremental at
the beginning of each month to do a full backup of each server.  During the
month, we do a "Modified" incremental each day to pick up changed objects.  We
then retain the entire backup set for six (6) months and delete any backup sets
older than six (6) months to keep the database relatively clean.

Doug Fuerst <djfirst AT LI DOT NET> on 05/01/2000 04:00:07 PM