ADSM-L

Re: Restored Zip Files

1998-04-23 11:49:21
Subject: Re: Restored Zip Files
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:49:21 -0400
I don't think ADSM client compression is involved here. Some possibilities that
come to mind:

1) The file was corrupt before ADSM backed it up, and it was just noticed after
the restore.

2) There is a problem with the file system or hard drive. Try running your file
system check utilities (i.e. chkdsk, scandisk, or whatever).

3) If you are using a V3 server, then this could potentially be corruption from
the reclamation/data movement bug that was discovered in the ADSM V3 server. If
you are unfamiliar with this issue, then I urge you to refer to APARs IX74458,
IX76734, and II11170, and/or check the list server archives for previous posts
about this.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development