ADSM-L

Fw: It's too easy !

1998-04-03 09:03:25
Subject: Fw: It's too easy !
From: Bob Matthews <Robert.Matthews AT SEINF.UNIGE DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 16:03:25 +0200
I'm taking the liberty of forwarding this contribution to the list as the
sender was not able to do it himself:

-
Bob, I agree with you fully.
Bob, I agree with you fully.

I have had users backing up gigabytes of unneeded stuff
and wondering what´s going on.
This "feature" does  not break anything,
but fills expensive storage media
and costs time, thus money.
And - it IS condratictory to the aim of OPT file / domain entry..

As for voice which claimed users should not be
allowed to backup their files themselves - well,
let us allow ADSM be used in different scenarios.
For the ability to backup local data is one of the major
reasons for using ADSM at all.

Juraj SALAK
KEBA & co.
Linz, Austria
http://www.keba.co.at
Phone 0043 732 7090 7461
Fax 0043 732 730910
e-mail sal AT keba.co DOT at

P.S.
I am sorry for answering to your private address,
the reason is our MS mail Server and/or its administrator
are not communicating well with
adsm´s LISTSERV Mail server and/or its administrator
(or vice-versa). I only can receive forum mails
without causing troubles for third parties.

Feel free to either redistribute or drop this mail.